Banner left   Banner center   Banner right

Germanenglish Home · News · Diary · Screenshots · Documentation (Wiki) · Downloads · Guestbook · Forum

Home · Benutzer registrieren · Suchen · Statistik · FAQ · Benutzerliste

Zur Zeit online: keiner ausser dir

X-Force - Fight For Destiny - Forum —› English - general discussions —› Bugs reports

Seite: << [1] [2] 3 [4] >>

Autor Mitteilung
verfasst am: 15.06.2009, 06:55
Registrierdatum: 03.09.2007, 07:28

I'll try to get a repeat of the error, to be sure DirkF. Its been a long day and I'm honestly not sure if I loaded an old save, if the save directory is recursively removed in the uninstaller then I didn't. As I uninstalled b2 to install B3, before I got the mail saying it was available from the online updater. If it doesn't remove old directories, then its possible.
verfasst am: 18.06.2009, 11:14

Run Time Error in misssion RCS_X: LANDUFO - Line: 322, Col: 3

Type Mismatch

Skript RCS_X existiert nicht meh, bitte Fehler melden

-----------------

I have the save after the error and the save before the error. Let me know if you want them. This was the updated beta 3 fresh start.
verfasst am: 18.06.2009, 11:41
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

Registrierdatum: 31.08.2005, 21:51

That error is already known and solved in the next version
verfasst am: 18.06.2009, 12:18
Registrierdatum: 26.06.2008, 13:42

RCS_X is new, old Error is RCS_S
This is the first time for this Error ;)
verfasst am: 18.06.2009, 12:34 · Edited by: DirkF
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

Zitat: Speedy
RCS_X is new, old Error is RCS_S
This is the first time for this Error ;)

wrong - the RCS_S-Error was an error with an illegal integer while this above is a type mismatch error.

The landUFO-function doesn't even exist in RCS_S, and it has been fixed in RCS_X already...

You know, scripts can have different errors ;-)
verfasst am: 19.06.2009, 07:46

Small gameset issue: I can research lasers without having researched the laser crystals, leading me to not be able to build, but am allowed to research all weapons up to and including the 3rd tier ship weapons.
verfasst am: 21.06.2009, 11:37
Programming

Registrierdatum: 01.07.2008, 07:53

Small legacy bug : if in config selected non-supported by gameset language, XForce ask for preffered language, supported by mod.
But this selection does not change constants, defined for X-scripts.
In result, for example, if I select russian language in config and try to lauch mod with {$IFDEF language}...{$ENDIF} (galwar, tutorial, IoA, apocalypse, ets) in best case I recieve message "Sorry, but this language isn't supported", in most case "Error in script ... Unknown identifer"(sorry, i wrote from memory). If in config was selected english or deutsch languages all work fine. (Variant to check: rename deutsch.dat to russian.dat and select it in config.)

Is exist way to {$DEFINE} language, selected by gameset startup?
verfasst am: 21.06.2009, 12:06
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

You can only display messages if they have been translated into the choosen language.
A long time ago the main program and the old default.pak gameset had been translated into a lot of languages, but we lost contact with the people who did the translations then.

The galactic war is only available in german and english - a few messages had been translated into russian by someone about a year ago, but that translation was never completed and is outdated now.

So if you change the language into something other than German or English, you'll only translate the program's menues and messages, but not the gameset choosen to play.

Other gamesets are often single-language only, most of them German with one or two English-only (unfortunately the english-only are also outdated and for 0.912 - I don't know of any 0.915-gameset fully playable in english as even the English translation in the GalWar is incomplete (about 80% finished I think)
verfasst am: 21.06.2009, 13:23
Programming

Thanks for quick reply.

Sorry, I mean some other thing.

I did'n say about translation of gameset.
I say, that now gamesets is fully or partially unplayable if language in config is different from english or deutsch.

Yes, I know, that russian (as most of languages) isn't fully supported. I preffer to use english.
But if I forgot to change after install config language to english (better to deutsch) I cannot lauch game.

In 'New Game' menu at gameset startup it ask for preffered language for this gameset from existing (for example deutsch or english), but this choice change language only in UFOPaedie, not in X-Scripts. In X-scripts still defined russian, that prevent most of scripts to lauch.

So if someone, with non-(german or english) regional settings try to lauch game with default settings after install, he simply recieve lots of errors, not a playable game. And it's hardly to understood what is happened.

I ask, is it possible that with any config language, after choice 'deutsch' on mod startup, branch {$IFDEF DEUTSCH} in X-scripts becomes true?

P.S. On single-language gamesets branch {$IFDEF language} doesnot have a sense. But it exist... :-(
verfasst am: 21.06.2009, 14:41
Programmierer, allgemeines

Registrierdatum: 06.06.2004, 17:19

verfasst am: 21.06.2009, 17:50 · Edited by: Makkenhoff

Galactic War:

Had a weird issue yesterday, with the Crystal Arrow's items opening Trilear (spelling?) research in the tech center. Maybe that is intentional, but I thought they used something different with the crystal shards.
verfasst am: 21.06.2009, 19:47
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

That is known - the problem is that the internal structure of the controlling scripts was changed, and a few things about the techcenter were forgotten.
And I didn't have the time yet to correct them (there is also a problem with the lander script resulting in a random race in the landing site
verfasst am: 23.06.2009, 08:17
Programming

@Dirkf
Greetings.

Sorry for post and hard language, but I think, that found where is bug with cross-linked researches in Techcenter.

You create constant AllRaces='IXTSEN' and fill WaffListTexte and VertListTexte by race position. But to checkup, what researches are done You use GWCRaces, that defined from game startup and not equival to AllRaces. For example, on difficult difficulty GWCRaces='ITXSEN'. This mean, that after researching Trillir units Xeltaan laser a aviable for development and vista-versa. In easiest difficulty GWCRaces are partially choose by random.

To solve it You need to find position of AllRaces, where is current race from GWCRaces is exist.

Variant of solution: (sorry, not fully tested :-( )
replace string 144 "VertTechList.Add(VertListTexte[count-1]);" with "VertTechList.Add(VertListTexte[pos(GWCraces[count],AllRaces)-1]);"
and replace string 110 "WaffTechList.Add(WaffListTexte[count-1]);" with "WaffTechList.Add(WaffListTexte[pos(GWCraces[count],AllRaces)-1]]);"

P.S. Please, check strings 93 and 127 - "if i > 0 then"

P.P.S. Sorry, if it was are 'bear help'.
verfasst am: 23.06.2009, 12:33 · Edited by: Natter

What gnflex said is true. I only fixed the selection of a tech with AllRaces.
verfasst am: 23.06.2009, 12:37
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

I'll check that for the next version, but I don't think that I'll put much work into the techcenter as a few features planned in the new project/research-List will make the techcenter unneccessary.
However I have to fix it for 915 because the new list won't be available until 917 - and the options neccessary for the techcenter replacement might be added even later.
verfasst am: 02.07.2009, 19:23
Programming

Greetings. Find a strange thing: sometimes in 915B04 TGameFigure.EndRound freeze or lockup game. Its occuer randromly, often if unit was renamed or if no EVENT_FIGURE_NEWROUND registered. I find this, then it gone after register EVENT_FIGURE_NEWROUND, and now returns (sorry, cant post code now). This is a error or exist conditions to use this procedure? Thanks
verfasst am: 02.07.2009, 22:04

A missing EndRound could cause a freeze. Its important to finish each round for each unit with EndRound.
verfasst am: 03.07.2009, 12:41
Programming

Thanks.

But game freezing immedatly after TGameFigure.EndRound use, not if it missing.

Now I can't lauch this script, but yesterday it work normally in one from three lauches. If it not freeze try to uncomment unit renaming.

Script (Unit-AI or RangeEffect-AI) and generated error reports in archive. Reports generates sometime after 3-5 minutes of freezing. 'Системе не удается найти указанный путь' in report translated as 'System cannot find the specifed path'
http://rapidshare.de/files/47741759/endround.zip.html

Best regards
verfasst am: 03.07.2009, 12:58
Spielsatz Alliances

Registrierdatum: 14.07.2004, 14:47

Zitat: Natter
Its important to finish each round for each unit with EndRound.

If I understand this right, you got to end the round for each unit manually.
verfasst am: 03.07.2009, 14:19 · Edited by: Natter

for i:=2 downto 0 do
    begin
       figure.ReservedTimeUnits:=round(i*figure.MaxTimeUnits/3);
       figure.MoveToRandomPosition(0);
       game_api_Question(figure.Name+' EndRound# '+inttostr(i),'Question');
       figure.EndRound;
       game_api_messagebox(' EndRound#'+inttostr(i)+' succesfull');
    end;
Interesting use of EndRound. First I thought this couldn't work. But EndRound waits until all movingorders are finished (so that soldiers move to their destination, befor a new AlienRound starts). Anyway, this could cause problems. I'm not sure if it is possible, that TGamefigure is removed from MovingList befor you call MoveToRandomPosition after EndRound again. This would maybe cause a freeze. I think, the real problem is
  register_special_event(@newround,EVENT_SPECIAL_ONNEWPLAYERROUND);

If this AI is used as default for an alien, this will most likely cause a freeze. The alien try to act in the first PlayerRound and the game freezes - I don't know whats the difference to later rounds. Maybe the aliens arn't initialized befor their first turn.

Even if the game doesn't freeze - ONNEWPLAYERROUND did not work for Aliens. They won't move, because it is not their turn.

Seite: << [1] [2] 3 [4] >>

Du musst dich registrieren um auf dieses Thema zu antworten.
Login :: » Name » Passwort

Ladezeit (sec.): 0.057 · Powered by miniBB 1.6 with parts of 1.7 © 2001-2003