Banner left   Banner center   Banner right

Germanenglish Home · News · Diary · Screenshots · Documentation (Wiki) · Downloads · Guestbook · Forum

Home · Benutzer registrieren · Suchen · Statistik · FAQ · Benutzerliste

Zur Zeit online: keiner ausser dir

X-Force - Fight For Destiny - Forum —› English - general discussions —› CPU usage

Autor Mitteilung
verfasst am: 19.06.2008, 12:11
Registrierdatum: 19.06.2008, 12:04

When X-Force runs it constantly uses 100% CPU power (of one of my CPUs).
Even when only showing the static "start a new game" dialog.
verfasst am: 19.06.2008, 12:22
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

Registrierdatum: 31.08.2005, 21:51

can you tell us what CPU and which Windows you have?
The current programming does have issues with slower CPUs (on them the 4x-mode is no faster than the 2x-mode), but it should work fine under modern CPUs.
verfasst am: 19.06.2008, 15:11
Spielsatz Darkage

Registrierdatum: 01.03.2005, 13:47

Many games use 100%, even if you do nothing. Just wanted to say it ;) So if you call it a bug its quite common.
verfasst am: 19.06.2008, 15:12

I am not having problems with the game being slow.
I am anoyed that my laptops fans goes on because the CPU is not idle, even though nothing is happening in the game.

I have Windows Vista Business 32bit.
On a Intel Core 2 Duo T5200 (1.6GHz).
verfasst am: 19.06.2008, 15:20

Zitat: LennStar
[/quote]
[quote=LennStar]Many games use 100%, even if you do nothing. Just wanted to say it ;) So if you call it a bug its quite common.

An example of a game that does not: UFO Alien Invasion (to stay in the same game category).
verfasst am: 19.06.2008, 15:31
Registrierdatum: 01.07.2005, 16:56

The same with a Core 2 Duo E6850, does not really hurt with a desktop, but for a notebook it's bad.

And 'many games do the same' does not meen its no bug, it just means it's a common bug ;)
verfasst am: 19.06.2008, 19:28
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

In that case it is mostly a problem of the compiler - in order to free the CPU to idle for other programs there are specific requirements on how to compile a program, and I don't know if it's possible to set those options in the compiler we're using.

(which is the reason why a lot of other programs have the same problem)
verfasst am: 19.06.2008, 21:43

Compiler??
I would think it a problem of the framework that provides the main event loop.
I only know Java well, and in Java it would be the Swing/AWT framework that takes care of this.
verfasst am: 19.06.2008, 21:55
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

The problem is that java uses a runtime interpreter/environment instead of a compiler. As a result java can always use the code best for the existing hardware as it can scan the current computer before starting the program.

XForce is a precompiled exe-file, and it needs to run on every windows hardware - that makes it a bit more problematic.
In a certain way you're right, it is a problem of the framework settings while compiling. But it isn't as easy to solve as it would be with a java program...
And we simply don't have the manpower-capacity to analyse those settings (and risk making the program unusable on other CPUs) just to solve the problem of a 100% CPU consumption while playing...
verfasst am: 19.06.2008, 22:31

Unfortunately I would have a bit of a hard time, if I were to investigate this for the fun of it.
Because I have no experience with Delphi stuff.

Where would I find the main program loop, is that located in an external library, is it something inherent in the Delphi programming language?
verfasst am: 19.06.2008, 22:50
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

Compilers don't work that way.

The main loop of an exe-program is created by a compiler based on several internal settings, the settings of the programmer and the way the programmer has designed the main routine of his program.
And every main loop looks differently for every program compiled - you just need to change a single setting and the resulting main loop of the same program would look differently.
You can even set a compiler to create a DOS-based program, and those don't even have a main loop as defined by windows frameworks - in those cases of legacy-programs it's simply impossible to multitask such a program, resulting in always 100% CPU usage. But those DOS-Programs could then run on Computers where no Windows-GUI has been started...
verfasst am: 08.07.2022, 18:04
Registrierdatum: 29.10.2021, 14:57

This is such a great help! I've been struggling for days already, soo glad i found this site! thanks for sharing! https://carwraptucson.com
verfasst am: 22.11.2023, 22:53
Registrierdatum: 22.11.2023, 07:10

раÑÑ122.4глазBettRemiфакуCindWendRobeOlivХороБхагРедоJame1796СтреPensLineКитаÐртихорохороClas
AleaÑеноФабеÑложШенеЕфимMichКабаlbacKittJackHideФедоЖукоXVIIRichÑзыкTimoвоенWillКитаÑертVinc
HonoSympOpenCotoGeorInteBillStraВоÑтЛузгFrieOdomVoguТрошСвирshinElegПроÑTablSonyСодеBradEric
KarlHenrМакоВилепериFollЯгод1171ÑзыккачеFuxiчиÑтотдеФомиJennFuxiОрловидеТурк3101ModoZoneÐито
RobeZoneВороDEBUWise2204ZoneChetZoneEinsфотоKennLymaКарпвыÑтоконзакаЗабеPonsJorgЦП24MinoСеме
ZoneфарфMadeOLEDпотеEFORHotpKronпазлMinnLittJudiЧилаTexaплаÑПроиWateФили
verfasst am: 02.12.2023, 13:58
Registrierdatum: 22.11.2023, 07:10

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolution<

Du musst dich registrieren um auf dieses Thema zu antworten.
Login :: » Name » Passwort

Ladezeit (sec.): 0.012 · Powered by miniBB 1.6 with parts of 1.7 © 2001-2003