Banner left   Banner center   Banner right

Germanenglish Home · News · Diary · Screenshots · Documentation (Wiki) · Downloads · Guestbook · Forum

Home · Benutzer registrieren · Suchen · Statistik · FAQ · Benutzerliste

Zur Zeit online: keiner ausser dir

X-Force - Fight For Destiny - Forum —› English - gamesets —› how to make a new gameset

Seite: << [1] [2] [3] 4 [5] [6] >>

Autor Mitteilung
verfasst am: 04.12.2007, 20:16
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

Registrierdatum: 31.08.2005, 21:51

I can't help you directly since most of my ideas go into the official gameset, but there are a few english-speaking boards with fans of XForce, and they've tried to start an english gameset a few times in the last several years.
The last try is more than a year in the past and you might find some english people who want to help you there.

Best start would be
www.strategycore.co.uk
(I can't give you a direkt link because the site seems to be down at the moment, but search their forum for xforce and you should find a few discussions)
verfasst am: 04.12.2007, 20:18 · Edited by: comaner
Registrierdatum: 30.11.2007, 21:58

thanks and i have a alpha version 0.01 ready you can bring ideas on this threat now and you can notefy me of spelling errors and sutch the link
http://files.filefront.com/thelasthopepak/;9190170
verfasst am: 04.12.2007, 20:20
Registrierdatum: 27.06.2007, 12:16

Zitat: comaner
thanks and i have a alpha version 0.01 ready you can bring ideas on this threat now and you can notefy me of spelling erros and sutch the link

Sounds great, I'm going to have a look at it at the editor... ^^

If I find any mistakes, I will inform you about them, okay? ;)*joke*
verfasst am: 04.12.2007, 20:22

you may but dont change to mutch but you can corect spelling errors if you want
verfasst am: 04.12.2007, 20:47 · Edited by: BlackBetty

Spelling mistakes:

magasine - magazine
battel - battle
i want to now - i want to know ("now" is a totally different word that shows a point in time)
foght the aliens - fought against the aliens (here you need a preposition... ^^ Besides, I think that you need in this context a different tense...)
prepaired - prepared
maby - maybe
diaery - diary
evrything - everything
aganst - against
rechearch - i think you mean "research" e.g. research in a lab.

little tipp: search: looking for something, research: looking for something new ;)
Perhaps that's the wrong context, but it could help you to remember it.

It's not bad to have many mistakes, the more you use the language, the more you will learn about it.

Other tipps:

Maybe you should make fulls stops (.) or commas to seperate the phrases.
The description of the 4 clip belt is difficult to understand - I do know what you mean with it, but that could be written in a different way. E.g. "Our soldiers are complaining, that recharging their weapon takes too much time in the middle of battle (and not battel ;)). So we decide to develop a 4 clip belt, that they don't have to take the ammo out of their backpack"

But be careful: my English isn't perfect, I do make grammar mistakes just like you.
But i think it's very great to have a english gameset finally. ^^ Just keep it up!

And if you don't understand something, feel free to ask about it...
verfasst am: 04.12.2007, 20:53 · Edited by: comaner

thanks for the thips but how did u learned to schript i translated the tutorial and i stil dont get it?? and did you liked the ideas and are there some things that need balansing
verfasst am: 04.12.2007, 21:00

I worked through the tutorial. The most i learned by myself and try to solve problems by my own. At the beginning it's very difficult to learn, but if you understand the structure, then that isn't a problem anymore.
i translated the tutorial and i stil dont get it??

really? I just looked at the tutorial and it's still in German. I mean the tutorial that you find, if you click on the online-documentation. There is a link in "Tutorials"-> XScript Tutorial. And that's in German (unfortunately).

The easiest way would be that: I can create some scripts for you if you want to. Just say, what you want to do. ^^
verfasst am: 04.12.2007, 21:14

i used babelfish to translate the webpage an i reather learn it myself but i can use a few scripts.
verfasst am: 04.12.2007, 21:17

I just wanted to say that ^^ If you have any problems, then ask DirkF, he's our "expert" for the script language ;)
verfasst am: 04.12.2007, 21:22

how do you ask somthing to one person
verfasst am: 04.12.2007, 21:26
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

how do you ask somthing to one person

Ask in the forum, and you'll get the answers from anyone who knows them.
And if you ask with special scripting problems that answer usually comes from me - I don't know everything about scripting, but I made most of the more complex scripts in the gamesets (many gamesets copy from the galactic war or the examples I posted in the wiki)
verfasst am: 04.12.2007, 21:27

Just post a new question in the forum. And then someone will answers you who knows what you wanted to know.

you can also create a new thread: "questions about xscript" ^^ Our programmers will read it in any case.
verfasst am: 04.12.2007, 21:28

i dont get a thing form schripting wil sombody please explain i even get errors if i copy it word for word from the example
verfasst am: 04.12.2007, 21:33

Post the script here, maybe i can help you. There's probably a mistake with the variables.
verfasst am: 04.12.2007, 21:38 · Edited by: comaner

program hello world; //script name

//message, which is to be indicated during the mission
const
Message1 = ' hello world!';
procedure starting mision;
begin
//a message window produces
game_api_messageBox(Message1);
end;

begin
MissionName := hallo world read;
end.

that is the script
verfasst am: 04.12.2007, 21:46 · Edited by: BlackBetty

Ok, there are several mistakes:
program hello world; //script name

//message, which is to be indicated during the mission
const
Message1 = ' hello world!';
begin
//a message window produces
game_api_messageBox(Message1);
end;

begin
MissionName := 'hallo world read'; //here you need a '', so the Type is a string and not a constant or a variable

MissionType:= mzUser; //that's the type of the mission
end. 

Mistakes summary:
MissionName:='Text';
and you need MissionType:=mzUser; either. Otherwise the whole script doesn't work.

Correct those mistakes, and then it should do it.
verfasst am: 04.12.2007, 21:48 · Edited by: comaner

it stil doesnt work it always says that it needs a ; by the script name
verfasst am: 04.12.2007, 21:58

yes, that was my mistake, but i edited my post and add the ; in the script(you need it here: MissionType:=mzUser;). Just do the same, then it should work.
verfasst am: 04.12.2007, 22:05 · Edited by: Natter
Programmierer, allgemeines

Registrierdatum: 06.06.2004, 17:19

First, sorry for my bad englisch ;)

I'm the one, who wrote the tutorial. And your problem is babelfish, because it translated not only the descriptions, but also the scripts. The biggest problem in your example is:

It has to be
procedure StartMission;

If someone could make an automatic translation of the tutorial in the wiki, I could check it over - but it would be very difficult to disscus every translationerror here in the forum.
verfasst am: 04.12.2007, 22:12
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

There are two mistakes, but not the ones BlackBetty postet.

First you should try to create your first new scripts by using the "new" command in the script editor, not the new script in the gameset editor.
The difference is that the script editor creates a larger starting point for a new script - including the line

procedure StartMission;

That "StartMission" is a fixed command - any spelling error in this part and your script will never work.
That is your main mistake in the script above - "starting mision" is not a known procedure for XScript (it's not even a correct procedure definition for a new procedure since no procedure can have an empyt space inside it's name).

The second mistake is the missing text formatting with MissionName - again something which might have been prevented by using the "new" command in the editor which adds them as an example.

However it is NOT neccessary to have a MissionType set. In this special case the program would have worked correctly without a MissionType if the other bugs were solved.

The MissionType decides when the program will terminate the script and erases it from memory.

Without a Missiontype it will be terminates directly after the StartMission was first completed (allowing it to display the message.

MissionType=mzUser means that the program remains in Memory until the script specifically tells it that it can be terminated - not neccessary in this case since the task is complete after first executing the "StartMission".

MIssionType=mzObjects allows the scripter to make the script termination dependend on the existence of one or more Objects (like UFOs or groundcombattasks).
You have to register those objects with the script and the script will terminate when all the registered objects have been deleted (or after first "StartMission" if the startmission doesn't register any objects.

Seite: << [1] [2] [3] 4 [5] [6] >>

Du musst dich registrieren um auf dieses Thema zu antworten.
Login :: » Name » Passwort

Ladezeit (sec.): 0.019 · Powered by miniBB 1.6 with parts of 1.7 © 2001-2003